Sunday, April 11, 2010

We've Got Issues

My Holy Week reading was meant to be finishing my re-read of The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. Lewis can be very powerful during Lent for me, especially when I re-read every couple of years my favorite, "Till We Have Faces. So imagine my surprise when We've Got Issues: Children and Parents in the Age of Medication by NY Times reporter Judith Warner, arrived from the library. I started to page through it, then couldn't put it down and spent my Holy Week late nights reading it and having a dramatic spiritual and emotional reaction to it. I still haven't finished The Screwtape Letters, but I'm sure this was meant to be my Lenten reading.

I don't think I am able to write about it, but let me just say, "What she said." I was her at the beginning of this book, in the middle and at the end of the book. An honest and complicated book, deserving of the issues she tackles.

No comments:

Post a Comment