Wednesday, October 5, 2011

To Do With a Book: participate in the Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge

I am so eager to participate this year in the Maud Hart Lovelace reading challenge, hosted by A Library is a Hospital for the Mind.  I jumped in very late last year but I hope to be part of all the fun this time around.

What do I plan to read for the challenge?  Well, we have been reading some different Maud Hart Lovelace books recently, and listening to the great audiobook of Betsy and Tacy.  I wish there had been more in that series.  What I plan to do is start with Heaven to Betsy, which is the start of the high school books, and see if I can finish that and maybe one other this month.  Thanks for hosting this great challenge, Sarah!

2 comments:

  1. MHL on audio!?? I have never seen any of her books available on audio. I'm curious if you purchased them or if your library is that awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, I have Betsy-Tacy on my iTunes. The CDs are somewhere else in the house and not easy to locate. It was only Betsy-Tacy that I ever found on CD; I so wish they had done more because it was nicely done. It was a younger actress who did the audio. It looks like Harper Audio did it in 2007 (according to Audible), but not any of the other books. Too bad! I'd like to hear all of them, and esp. Emily of Deep Valley.

    ReplyDelete